This italian style tofu is a weekly staple of ours. Like many families, spaghetti is an easy go-to meal for a busy week. This tofu recipe is a quick addition for any Italian style dish such as spaghetti, lasagna, pizza or even as a dish on it’s own!
The first step is to prepare the tofu by removing from the package, drain and press to remove all the water and set aside. Next, dice the onion and sauté in olive oil in a medium sized skillet. Once the onion is softened, add in minced garlic and cook for a couple more minutes. Then crumble the tofu into the pan and mix together. I prefer to crumble the tofu directly in the pan, but you can also crumble in a bowl with a fork and then pour into the pan.
Finally mix in the soy sauce, sometimes I add more or less depending on how salty I want the mixture to taste; if you don’t have soy sauce, another alternative I love to use is liquid aminos. Once the soy sauce is added, you can add in the italian seasoning blend until it is fully dispersed.
- 14.5 oz extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp italian seasoning blend
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Drain tofu and press with a towel to remove extra moisture.
- In a medium sized skillet sauté onion in olive oil.
- Add in minced garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Crumble tofu into the pan and mix.
- Mix soy sauce into the pan.
- Sprinkle italian seasoning into mixture and cook for a few minutes until tofu is warmed all the way through.
- Toss onto your favorite pasta dish and enjoy!